Please plan to join your colleagues to discuss how we can all
Step Up for Faculty Equity!
Date: Saturday, April 26, 2014
Time: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm (Registration starts at 9:30 am)
Place: South Seattle Community College
Georgetown Campus, Bldg C Room 110
6737 Corson Ave South, Seattle
Unemployment Workshop presented by Marc Lampson, Executive Director, & John Tirpak, Senior Hearings Attorney, Unemployment Law Project and Wendy Rader-Konofalski, Lobbyist, Washington Education Association.
· Learn how to apply for unemployment benefits and the main reason claims are denied.
· What is "reasonable assurance"?
· Discover the context and history of our unemployment law and why it is unique.
Presentation about Working Together To Make Our Union Stronger with discussions by Alyssa Picard, Assistant Director, AFT Higher Education and a Special Guest from City College of San Francisco Faculty Union.
· Hear successes and challenges of AFT contingent faculty members from across the nation.
· Find out how one local gained some of the strongest pay equity in the country among both part-time and full-time faculty.
· Next Step: Developing a plan for your local.
No Registration Fee ~ Free Parking ~ Lunch Provided
To register for the conference, click here or copy and paste link into your browser -